Entumoto Private Safari Camp stands elevated in the hills of a private and secluded escarpment, commanding breathtaking views and sunsets over the Mara plains. Intimate and exclusive, it is designed to provide for your total comfort in the heart of Africa. On the border of the legendary Masai Mara reserve, we are privileged to be part of arguably the world’s most spectacular wildlife sanctuary.
• Witness the Great Migration of almost two million wildebeest, zebra and other herbivores from August to October including the crossing at Sand River and Mara River respectively through interactive game drives by our Bronze accredited game drivers and Masai Naturalists in open viewing 4 x 4 vehicles.
• Explore the terrain at night; to unveil an array of nocturnal foxes, antelope and the mysterious honey badger.
• Enjoy sundowners on Lions Rock overlooking Southern Mara and a roaring open fire.
• Hot Air Ballooning over the Talek Plains (optional extra)
• A well equipped library, with informative literature on all the animals you see during the day as well as on the history of Kenya.
• The swimming pool, as well as our offered mountain biking, provides great entertainment for children.
• Pan African Cuisine, served in the most breathtaking of settings (Breakfast, lunch, dinner and afternoon tea all included)
• Hands on service
• Masai Cultural Visits as well as informative, guided bush walks with local askaris through the Entumoto hills. Learn the secrets of the Masai while taking in the crisp morning air and always keeping an eye out for roaming elephants nearby.
Entumoto Private Safari Camp stands elevated in the hills of the Megwarra escarpment, commanding breathtaking views and sunsets over the Mara plains. We are part of the Siana conservancy, on the border of the Masai Mara reserve, between the park gates Oloolaimutia and Sekenani.
The tents, made of multi-layered canvas, are custom designed and set a hundred meters apart from each other for your privacy and each tent has its own verandah. We are made up of only eight tents, four luxury double tents and four luxurious family suites. Children over the age of seven are welcome and children age twelve and upwards are considered adults.
FLY 540 and Safari Link operates two scheduled flights a day from Nairobi’s Wilson Airport to Keekorok airstrip. The flights take approximately one hour. The camp collects and returns guests to and from the airstrip, which is a one hour drive. These flights can be booked by our reservations team, should you need assistance.
Entumoto is an intimate, tented camp, designed to provide for your total comfort and the incredible sensation of being a part of this great African wilderness – the open sky, the sounds and smells of the bush and its wildlife – is all in high security, day and night, provided by Maasai warriors, askaris and armed rangers. The excitement of being in the heart of Africa, no fences at all and open to the far horizons – isolated space! We ask that guests be vigilant at all times, and after sunset are escorted by askaris through camp.
The main guest areas, shaded by a dense multilayered canvas, consist of a sitting area, library and verandas with views of the endless game-filled Mara plains. Beautifully hand-crafted artifacts, fine antiques, lavish sofas, books, and candlelight will transport guests back to the heyday of the romantic classic safari. A unique feature is the tree-shaded swimming pool with a view of the Mara.
Morning and afternoon game-drives in open game-viewing vehicles. Night game drives on the camp’s concession, guided nature walks with a Maasai naturalist, Maasai community visits and lectures, sundowners at a location offering spectacular views across the Mara. Hot air ballooning at an additional cost. Day trip to Lake Victoria on Cessna flight at additional cost and subject to availability.
NUMBER OF Tents – 4 Double Suites, 4 Family Suites
Maximum Guests – 24
Children – Yes (over 7 years)
Triples – In family suites
Twin beds – All convertible to double
Overhead Fans – No
Mosquito Nets – No (sealed tent)
Lodge Pool – Yes
Bath – No
Indoor Showers – Yes
Private w.c – Yes
In Room Safe – No (available at reception)
Telephone – No (intermittent mobile reception)
Wifi – Yes (in common areas)
Hairdryers – No
Laundry Included – Yes
Distance between Rooms – 100m/33ft
Check In – 13hr00
Check Out – 11hr00
Power – 220v AC
Private 4×4 safari vehicle – If available, extra cost
Credit Cards – Visa & MasterCard
In-Room Massage – Yes, on request
2205/15 Gadigal Ave,
Zetland NSW 2017
Adam Atkin +61431262059
Patrick Simmonds +61467552696
Anita McGaw +61419521494