Gorges Lodge is a mere 30 minute drive from Victoria Falls town and offers a unique Victoria Falls experience from a peaceful and idyllic base on the edge of the Batoka Gorge – a perfect choice for your Victoria Falls safari adventure!
At Gorges you can relax away from the hustle and bustle of Victoria Falls town – our peaceful guest accommodation is nestled in an indigenous garden that makes walking to your room a joy and our staff are renowned for their warm hospitality.
Gorges is famous for its spectacular views, described by some as the best in southern Africa, and whether you are enjoying a cup of coffee at sunrise on your private veranda or a cool refreshment by the pool at sunset, you will be constantly drawn to the stunning vistas provided by the Batoka Gorge and the rushing of the Zambezi River below.
– Gorges Lodge is built on the edge of the Batoka Gorge, some 200 awe-inspiring metres above the mighty Zambezi River
– Built on Communal land, concession fees and royalties are paid to local village communities which help them to improve schools, domestic water supplies and clinics.
– Gorges is a 22 km road transfer from Victoria Falls and a 19 km road transfer from Victoria Falls Airport
– The main lodge is built on a stilted decking of indigenous hard wood and has a lounge, dining room and bar that all offer extraordinary views right over the gorge into Zambia
– Free WiFi in the main lodge area – the connection is sometimes slow so please be patient!
– Accommodation: 10 stone under thatch chalets
– 4 of the chalets are double storey and the other 6 are single storey both with private verandas that provide stunning views.
– The chalets are set in an indigenous garden and have en suite bathrooms with showers, minibars, overhead fans and tea and coffee making facilities
– Guests receive 1 free return town transfer per paying night
– The All Inclusive option at Gorges offers 2 activities per paying night: choose from a guided tour of the Victoria Falls, curio shopping at the craft village, visit to the local village, a school tour, traditional dancing display, gorge walk with snacks, black eagle viewing with sundowners and snacks , a sundowner cruise on the Zambezi
– All other Victoria falls based activities can be organised on request.
– Ceiling fans
– Stocked minibar facility
– Tea and coffee making facilities
– Hair dryer on request
– Mosquito net and repellent
– Electronic safes
– Mobile LED lamp
-Daily laundry service
2205/15 Gadigal Ave,
Zetland NSW 2017
Adam Atkin +61431262059
Patrick Simmonds +61467552696
Anita McGaw +61419521494