Without doubt one of the world’s most spectacular game reserves, Kenya’s treasured National Park – the Masai Mara – provides a breathtaking backdrop to the ultimate safari experience. Taking its name from the region’s vast ‘dotted plains’, the landscape is a constantly moving tableau, literally teeming with an endless variety of wildlife. In this magnificent wilderness you can immerse yourself in myriad new sensations; waking to the call of lions and buffalo, thrilling at the closeness of wildebeest, zebras and gazelles, basking in the glow of a crackling camp fire at twilight, and dreaming under a dazzling night canopy of stars.
Nestled on the edge of this intoxicating scene, we’ve created an oasis of five star luxury for serious safari seekers. Within our Mara Bushtops camp, you’ll find an exciting blend of tranquillity and adventure where you can relax in first class comfort surrounded by one of nature’s living masterpieces.
Set amid the Mara Bushtops private conservancy and bordering the Masai Mara, Mara Bushtops boasts a sensational location. Perched on top of a hill with a scenic valley to one side, the camp lies just 15 to 20 minutes’ drive from the main gate of the National Park and within striking distance of the beautiful Mara River where the famous river crossing of wildebeest and zebras takes place during the migration. Although in the heart of the wilderness, this safari paradise is surprisingly accessible, with the Siana airstrip nearby and a choice of direct flights arriving daily from Nairobi, Loisaba, Lewa Downs, Samburu, Mombasa, Malindi and Diani.
• 12 tents (twin and double on request) max. of 1 extra bed (child or adult) can be added to each tent.
• 1 family tent/Leopard Suite, can sleep up to 6 in 2 triples. The Suite overlooks a natural salt lick and has a private fire place, lounge and unique sunken terrace.
• Children are welcome from the age of 7 and we grant children’s rates up to the age of 17.
• Each tent has its own hot tub on the deck, an outside shower, writing desk, dining table and telescope.
• All tents have safe, hair dryer, 220 v AC.
• 24 hr power and complimentary wifi throughout
• 24 hr butler service and private dining in the tent on request
• Shop with specially selected local crafts and souvenirs
• Infinity swimming pool
• Library and digital library
• Complimentary laundry service
• Wheelchair access to some tents is possible – staff are very helpful
• Cellphone reception available
• Check in 1400 hrs, Check out 1000 hrs – The Camp is as flexible as possible.
• All dining is included and on a la carte basis
• Unique underground wine cellar with Connoisseur section
• All non alcoholic drinks, beers, house wines and selected house spirits included
• Please let us know your dietary requirements in advance.
We can adapt to most requests.
AMANI AFRICAN SPA VILLAGE
• On-site Amani African Spa Village: complimentary use of the heated swimming pool, cold pool, Jacuzzi and gym (fees apply for treatments, massages, sauna and rasul).
BEST TIME TO VISIT
• July to October for the migration, however the area is excellent to visit all year round as there is a very high concentration of wildlife all year round
• Temperatures range from min. approx 8.C/42.F to max. approx 30.C /86.F
• Rainfall predominantly occurs in November, April and May
• Open throughout the year.
• Mara Bushtops is not fenced off and guests are requested to be vigilant at all times. Guests must be accompanied by our security staff when moving from their tent to the main building in the early mornings, evenings and night.
• Game drives are on shared basis. Night game drives (using a heat seeking night vision camera ‘flir’). Pre booking required for private use (subject to availability).
• Bush picnics, walking safaris (accompanied by an armed ranger and local Masai), sun downers, sunrise combined with a walk and bush breakfast.
• Balloon safari package includes: transfers, pre flight briefing, 1-1. hrs balloon flight and champagne style bush breakfast.
• Visit to the local school and Masai village.
PAYMENT TYPES ACCEPTED
• Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Amex
• Currency: Kenya Shillings and US Dollar bills printed after 2000
• Airstrip: Siana
• Altitude: 1770m
• GPS coordinates of camp: 1. 30’13.83” S 35. 22’42.88” E
Our spa at Mara Bushtops takes Wild Luxury to new heights. It adds luxurious pampering, peace and tranquillity to the excitement of game watching, culinary excellence and the comforts of the camp.
Working alongside architect Andrin Schweizer, we designed and installed an Amani African Spa Village, adapting its multiple award-winning formula to the magic of a Mara Bushtops setting.
The Spa was opened in July 2014, adding a completely new level of luxurious pampering for Mara Bushtops guests. So as you contemplate the delights of your safari adventure or silver service dinner, what better way to let the cares of the world slip from your shoulders than a spell in the Spa?
Within the soothing confines of the Spa, rejuvenating massages, hydrotherapy and a range of holistic skin and body treatments are complemented by a fitness facility, complete with high-tech cardiovascular and weight training equipment.
A sauna, Rasul steam room (featuring multi-sensory Arabian mud cleansing treatments) and hot Jacuzzi vie for attention with a heated infinity pool – with beds inside the pool complete with water jets! There is also a cold plunge pool to take the edge of the heat. And to wind down, there is the simple glory of our wooden relaxation deck, providing uninterrupted views of the camp’s salt lick and the majestic African Bush.
Our private conservancy is a haven for wildlife – and the best bit is just yards from the camp. Directly in front of the restaurant and spa lies a salt lick. Animals love it, arriving primarily at noon but also throughout the day and night to absorb the minerals needed for healthy bones and growth.
This creates a constantly shifting nature show, as gazelle jostle with warthogs, zebra and impala, topi and buffalo. It is not unusual to have a herd of elephant join them – and we have hosted more than 40 giraffe at a time. Naturally, the predators take an interest, with leopard and lion visitors. We like to think Mara Bushtops is unique: as the only camp in the Mara with a natural salt lick this size!
Check out our guest blogger Herbie Schaible’s article “The Salt Lick at Mara Bushtops“.
2205/15 Gadigal Ave,
Zetland NSW 2017
Adam Atkin +61431262059
Patrick Simmonds +61467552696
Anita McGaw +61419521494