With its extensive and entertaining Restaurants, Bars, Lounges, Deli, sea facing Terraces and Conference & Banqueting Centre the Strand Hotel is destined to become the social epicentre of Swakopmund. Uniquely located on the iconic and historic Swakopmund Mole and surrounded on three sides by the Southern Atlantic Ocean its 125 Rooms and Suites will o!er the “nest uninterrupted sea views available anywhere in this quaint historic town. The Strand is not simply being built but is rather being “sculptured” to be more than just a Hotel.It promises to be an integral part of the town’s historical centre and a beachfront entertainment destination in itself hosting both visitors and locals.
Its architectural inspiration “nds its roots deep in Namibian German history and re#ects this in a tasteful contemporary manner. The interiors are residential in nature, and the brief to all designers involved was to create a non-hotel, hotel. One as charming and welcoming as the town it is located in.
Simply very warm and comfortable, and as they say in German: “gemütlich” providing a genuine “sense-of-place” atmosphere adding to any Namibian visit.
Strand Hotel Swakopmund promises guests a warm Namibian welcome and a stay, during which they will be hosted in a relaxed, uncomplicated manner:
Accommodation is in 125 en-suite Standard and Luxury Rooms including 9 Suites. 90% feature panoramic views of the southern Atlantic Ocean and across Swakopmund’s beaches whilst the remaining 10% o!er Stadt Park views.
Amenities include satellite TV’s, free Internet Wi-Fi, mini-bars, tea & co!ee stations, hairdryers, digital safes and electric plug connections for Europe, UK and South Africa.
Wining & Dining at the Strand is entertaining and exciting and choices range from the Brewer & Butcher, a microbrewery, bar, lounge, beer garden and restaurant to the Ocean Cellar, a sea food specialty restaurant with its Oyster & Wine bar and lounge. Then there is the Farmhouse Deli, an all day bistro styled restaurant and co!ee shop, with bakery and retail delicatessen and the intimate Welwitschia Lounge with its private cocktail bar. All feature outdoor terraces facing Swakopmund’s main beach with uninterrupted Atlantic Ocean views. The Café Mole, a casual beach takeaway with its own Beach Pavilion located directly on the beach, rounds o! this offering.
Other Facilities & Services include free Wi-Fi access in all areas, the indoor and outdoor Atlantic Spa where personalised treatments are based on the Atlantic Ocean and the vast Namib Desert, room service, a Curio & Gift Shop, the Atlantic Gym, steam rooms and saunas, and a stayed Activity & Adventure Travel Office at which adventure activities, tours and numerous other unique excursions can be arranged.
Conferences, Weddings and Events at Strand Hotel Swakopmund are hosted in the state of the art multi purpose Strand Conference & Banqueting Centre. With its own entrance directly of the porte cochere it spreads over 440m2 and features 5 separate rooms, seating from 10 to 140 persons and can act as 5 totally private exclusive facilities or as one grand space for up to 260 guests.
2205/15 Gadigal Ave,
Zetland NSW 2017
Adam Atkin +61431262059
Patrick Simmonds +61467552696
Anita McGaw +61419521494