Having pioneered the idea of ‘wild luxury’ at Mara Bushtops, then extended it to Serengeti Bushtops, we were determined that our third Bushtops location should be at least their equal – for game viewing and comfort alike.
So we were delighted to find a stunning base at Seronera in the Central Serengeti, not far from the Moru Kopjes area (often called the jewel in the crown of the Serengeti).
The kopjes are huge granite rock formations which burst through the grass plains, creating vistas of stunning beauty beneath rolling hills. The land traps water, attracting abundant wildlife and ensuring fabulous viewing throughout the year.
For those who love nature in its purest form, the heart of the Serengeti is without peer or parallel. The sheer quantity of game here is phenomenal, with resident and migrating herbivores stalked by loping leopards, charismatic cheetah and languid lions. Between November and May, the migration either passes through or is within one or two hours game drive away from Ndutu or the Western Corridor.
Roving Bushtops is also easy to reach at any time, being just 20 minutes’ game drive from the Serenora Airstrip with flights landing from Kogatende, Lake Manyara, Arusha, Kilimanjaro (JRO) Dar Es Saalam and Zanzibar.
Some camps are set in magnificent surroundings but fixed: others offer game viewing on the move, at the expense of five star facilities. As its name implies, Roving Bushtops offers the best of both worlds. As a luxury camp on wheels, it combines the glamour of its siblings with the excitement of game drive camping, to create the most thrilling of safari experiences. If the best game moves, Roving Bushtops will too. This means we can all-but guarantee to be in the right place at the right time – at all times!
The concept of roving after the herds harks back to the pioneering spirit of early explorers, but Roving Bushtops delivers a thoroughly 21st century luxury safari experience. Guests stay in six superbly-specified tents, featuring king-size beds and 24 hour power. Each en-suite bathroom includes a flushing toilet, bath, vanity basins and showers.
We make sure there is absolutely no compromise on indulgence, with every need being catered for through 24 hour butler service. During the day, tent walls can be opened on three sides, enabling panoramic views of the surrounding bush.
However tempting it may be to luxuriate in camp, the true glory of Roving Bushtops is its immediate access to the world’s greatest wildlife spectacles. There is no need to travel to the animals: they are all around you. We drive amongst them, not to reach them. Daily game drives are led by expert rangers, supported by keen-eyed local spotters. We have always sourced and converted some of the best game viewing vehicles in East Africa, so each day’s roving takes place in superblyequipped, ultra-reliable open 4×4 Land Cruisers.
As each day draws to a close, you and your fellow guests can re-gather at Roving Bushtops’ dining tent. Here you select from a sophisticated menu in a haven of contemporary luxury, set against arguably the world’s greatest safari backdrop.
Alternatively you can and dine in the privacy of your own tent. And when you leave, we know that unforgettable memories will combine with the knowledge that you have left no environmental footprint whatsoever, helping to preserve one of the most special places on earth.
• 6 tents (twin and double on request) max of 1 extra bed (child or adult) can be added to each tent.
• All tents can be converted to become family units. The tents are on wheels and can be moved next to each other.
• Children are welcome from the age of 7 and we grant children’s rates up to the age of 17.
• The tents open up on 3 sides. The bathroom has a bathtub and shower. The tent walls can be opened up to get the feeling of being outside.
• The tents are beautifully furnished in a contemporary style and have loungers and dining table on the wooden deck which spans over 100sq/m.
• All tents have safe, hair dryer, 220 v AC.
• 24 hr power and complimentary wifi, however due to the remote location of the camp, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
• 24 hr butler service and private dining in the tent on request.
• Mini shop with specially selected local crafts and souvenirs.
• Complimentary laundry service.
• Cellphone reception available (the signal may be intermittent).
• Check in 1400 hrs, check out 1000 hrs.
The Camp is as flexible as possible
• All dining is included and on a la carte basis
• Dining is in the elegant mess tent, in the privacy of the tents or under the stars.
• All non alcoholic drinks, beers, premium wines and all spirits included (French champagne not included).
• Please let us know your dietary requirements in advance. We can adapt to most requests.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
• November to April for the migration in the immediate area or within a game drive’s reach. However the area is excellent to visit all year round as the central Serengeti is teaming with resident wildlife. Due to the central location of Roving Bushtops, game drives are conducted in various areas including Ndutu, Western Corridor and central Serengeti.
• Temperatures range from min. approx 8.C/42.F to max. approx 30.C /86.F.
• Rainfall predominantly occurs in November, April and May.
• Closed some parts of April and May
• Roving Bushtops is not fenced off and guests are requested to be vigilant at all times. Guests must be accompanied by our security staff when moving from their tent to the main building in the early mornings, evenings and night.
• Game drives are on private basis
• Bush picnics, sun downers
• Balloon safari package includes: transfers, pre flight briefing, 1-1. hrs balloon flight and champagne style bush breakfast.
PAYMENT TYPES ACCEPTED
• Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Amex
• Currency: US Dollar bills printed after 2000
• Airstrip: Seronera
• Altitude: 1580m
• GPS coordinates of camp: Lat S 2. 28’46.16”, Lon E 34. 43’10.09”.
2205/15 Gadigal Ave,
Zetland NSW 2017
Adam Atkin +61431262059
Patrick Simmonds +61467552696
Anita McGaw +61419521494