‘Breathtaking!’ That’s what our visitors tend to say when gazing out over the romantic expanse of the Serengeti plains, one of nature’s most spectacular landscapes, spanning over 14,763 square kilometres.
Africa is truly blessed by these lands, and so are we: we could not have found a more wonderful location in this ‘extended place’, as the Maasai call the Serengeti. Our camp nestles within the northern sector of the reserve, a UNESCO World Heritage site. With the famous Mara River just 15 miles away, we lie directly in the path of the spectacular annual wildebeest migration, which takes place between June and November.
Like our sister camp Mara Bushtops, we are not simply witnesses to nature: at Serengeti Bushtops we are participants, living in the heart of the ecosystem which supports the greatest wildlife populations in Africa. That means fabulous, abundant wildlife viewing all year round – with a ringside seat for nature’s most awesome event.
From Serengeti Bushtops we witness life at its most raw, thrilling and captivating, from the awesome grandeur of the big five to the shimmering glory of local birdlife – and from the vast herds of wildebeest, zebras and gazelles to the silent presence of solitary crocodiles.
You can visit us via several routes. We can be reached by light aircraft from Kilimanjaro (JRO) and Arusha, landing at the nearby Kogatende airstrip. Alternatively, guests can book a transfer from our sister camp, travelling from the Masai Mara by air to Migori and then transferring to Isabenia border by road and to Tarime airstrip for a short flight to Kogatende (approximately a three hour transfer in total). Anyone preferring to reach us by road can do so from Ngorongoro, Nudutu and the southern Serengeti.
Either way, you will arrive to a warm welcome and a glorious backdrop to the ultimate safari experience.
• 11 tents (twin and double on request), a max of 1 extra bed (adult) can be added to each tent.
• 2 family tents. Each family tent consists of two full sized tents next to each other and linked with a bridge
• Children are welcome from the age of 7 and we grant children’s rates up to the age of 17. 2 extra children’s beds can be added to the tents. The family tent can sleep up to 8
• Each tent has its own hot tub on the deck and the shower opens to a spectacular view of the Serengeti plains
• All tents have safe, hair dryer, 220 v AC
• 24 hr power and complimentary wifi throughout
• 24 hr butler service and private dining in the tent on request
• Golf buggy shuttle between the tents and the main building
• Shop with specially selected local crafts and souvenirs
• Infinity swimming pool
• Library and digital library
• Complimentary laundry service
• Wheelchair access to tents is possible but there are no ramps at the main building – assistance is provided by helpful staff
• Cellphone reception available in most areas
• Check in 1400 hrs, Check out 1000 hrs. The Camp is as flexible as possible (late check out will result in extra park fee payments as the tickets are valid for 24 hours only).
• All dining is included and on a la carte basis
• Wine wall with Connoisseur section
• All non alcoholic drinks, beers, house wines and selected house spirits included
• Please let us know your dietary requirements in advance. We can adapt to most requests.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
• July to October for the migration, however the area is excellent to visit all year round as there is plenty of resident game due to the close proximity to the Mara River.
• Temperatures range from min. approx 8.C/42.F to max. approx 30.C /86.F.
• Rainfall predominantly occurs in November, April and May.
• Closed some parts of April and the whole of May
• Game drives are on shared basis.Pre booking required for private use (subject to availability).
• Aromatherapy massages (payable).
• Balloon safari package includes: transfers, pre flight briefing, 1-1. hrs balloon flight and champagne style bush breakfast.
• Visit to the local school and village
PAYMENT TYPES ACCEPTED
• Credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Amex.
• Currency: Tanzania accepts US Dollar bills printed after 2000
• Airstrip: Kogatende.
• Altitude: 1680m.
• GPS coordinates of camp: 1. 43’24.55” S 34. 52’35.30” E
2205/15 Gadigal Ave,
Zetland NSW 2017
Adam Atkin +61431262059
Patrick Simmonds +61467552696
Anita McGaw +61419521494